System Outage Procedure

Department chairs and directors to which space has been assigned have been assigned special outage keys (referred to as WH keys) that operate doors assigned to their department equipped with electronic access. In the unlikely event of a system failure, these keys should be used to unlock electronically controlled locks. If you need access to a space during a system outage, please contact your department chair or director to check out the WH key.

Additionally, University Police and the Access Control Office have WH keys to operate electronically controlled doors during system outages, and either department may be contacted during a system outage to provide lockout service.

University Police
(573) 341-4300

Access Control Office 

Note: the electronic access system rarely sees failures that result in an outage. The system will continue to operate in a power outage for a period of several hours.